2020 Boots on the Ground Virtual Challenge Series
Support today’s Marines by participating in the 2020 Boots on the Ground Virtual Challenge Series.
All proceeds benefit our Foundation’s programs for today’s Marines.
The Challenge includes four events and a bonus run. The first 200 participants to complete each event will receive an exclusive event pin. The registration fee for each event is $26.
Sugar Bear Memorial Run
Run, walk, or bike 10 miles on July 22nd to honor the memory of LtCol Mario “Sugar Bear” Carazo. LtCol Carazo made the ultimate sacrifice on July 22, 2010 when his AH-1W Cobra was shot down while supporting Marines engaged in a firefight in Afghanistan. The proceeds from the event will be split between the Sugar Bear Foundation and Marine Corps Association Foundation.
Shield & Storm 30 Day Challenge
Run, walk, bike, or swim as many miles as you can in 30 days beginning on August 2nd, the 30th anniversary of the start of the Gulf War. Although it’s hard to believe, 1990 was 30 years ago. Take this 30 Day Challenge to not only test yourself physically, but to commemorate the accomplishments of some of our more recent war veterans.
How to Track Your Miles:
- Go to the App or Google Play Store on your mobile device
- Download the app “Map My Run by Under Armour” (the app icon is blue with a white UA logo and is free)
- Create your account
- Add “Marine Corps Association” as your friend
- Your friend request will be accepted within 48 hours
- You will then receive a notification that you have been invited to the Challenge you registered for
- Click on the notification then click on the green “Join Challenge” button
- Click here if you need help using the “Map My Run” app
*Note – If you are already friends with Marine Corps Association on the MapMyRun app, we will send you an invite to the Challenge within 48 hours of registration.