Sugar Bear Memorial Run
Run, walk, row, or bike 10 miles on July 22, 2021 to honor the memory of LtCol Mario “Sugar Bear” Carazo. LtCol Carazo made the ultimate sacrifice on July 22, 2010 when his AH-1W Cobra was shot down while supporting Marines engaged in a firefight in Afghanistan. The proceeds from the event will be split between the Marine Corps Association Foundation and the Sugar Bear Foundation, which supports Gold Star families and Surviving Spouses.
To register go to https://mca-marines.org/virtualruns-2021/
*Virtual run date begins on July 22. Participants must complete their virtual distance by July 25, 2021
How to Track Your Miles:
1. Go to the App or Google Play Store on your mobile device
2. Download the app “Map My Run by Under Armour” (the app icon is blue with a white UA logo and is free)
3. Create your account
4. Add “Marine Corps Association” as your friend
5. Your friend request will be accepted within 48 hours
6. You will then receive a notification that you have been invited to the “The Flag Raising Challenge”
7. Click on the notification then click on the green “Join Challenge” button
8. Click here if you need help using the “Map My Run” app
*Note – If you are already friends with Marine Corps Association on the MapMyRun app, we will send you an invite to the Challenge within 48 hours of registration.